Restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy
Our restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy lawyers advise lenders and other creditors, borrowers, corporate management, boards of directors and owners in situations where businesses are experiencing financial pressure. We assist in negotiations on the restructuring of businesses, in debt negotiations/debt restructuring in connection with bankruptcy and/or investigations. We also assist in matters relating to the liability of directors, the CEO and the auditor. Our lawyers are regularly appointed by Norwegian courts as administrators in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assisting Norwegian and foreign creditors and banks in assessing and proposing solutions when the financial situation is strained for their customers
- Assisting creditors in enforcing claims against unwilling debtors
- Assisting creditors in debt negotiations
- Assisting in assessing whether a creditor can take legal action against the directors, CEO or auditor.
- We assist in identifying the extent of the problems and finding solutions that provide the foundation for further operations.
- We assist in negotiations with banks, other creditors, contract counterparties and public authorities.
- We aim to have an active and constructive dialogue with creditors in order to achieve a debt solution without the involvement of the court.
Debt negotiations under the provisions of the Bankruptcy Act
- Assisting companies undergoing debt negotiations, in collaboration with the court-appointed chair of the debt committee, to continue operations during the proceedings.
- Assisting companies in drafting proposals for debt arrangements and in negotiating with creditors to achieve the necessary support for such proposals.
- Assisting owners or directors when a company is undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
- Drafting bankruptcy petitions
- Assisting employees in situations where it is necessary to initiate bankruptcy proceedings in order to secure wage entitlements
Debt restructuring committees
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair debt restructuring committees.
- Our lawyers are regularly appointed as administrators by Norwegian courts and have extensive experience with bankruptcy proceedings.
- Our lawyers are also appointed administrators in the judicial administration of decedents’ estates.
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair enquiry commissions.
With the fierce debate on Huawei’s effect on security of the planned 5G networks, it’s time to take a look at what liability the Internet of Things may inflict on the producers of the things. Read more about the risk associated with product liability for...read more
On 5 December 2018, the owners of Euro Heis AS closed the sale of the company to Schindler AS. Erlend Balsvik, partner in Bull's Corporate team, has been the sellers' adviser throughout the entire process. We congratulate the sellers with the successful transaction...read more
"BLaaS" is a new way of offering legal services, where the scope of the service and the company's costs are agreed upon between Bull and the customer in advance. The service is comparable to a subscription, where the customer pays a predetermined monthly amount and...read more
In a transaction in the power distribution market, Fredrikstad Energi AS confirmed that on 26 September 2018, its wholly owned subsidiary Norgesnett Holding AS entered into an agreement to sell all its shares in Gauldal Nett AS to Trønderenergi Nett AS....read more
We congratulate Bjarte Bogstad with the rating "highly regarded" within Corporate and M&A (Company Law and Transactions) from International Financial Law Review (IFLR1000), for the third time in a row. IFLR1000 is a guide to the world's leading financial...read more
The black hole problem—how to lose (or avoid losing) your attorney-client privilege in an M&A deal (2/2)
You have probably heard the next phrase before, but this—actually happened. As mentioned in the previous short piece regarding the black hole problem (1/2), many standardized terms (and boilerplate clauses) may be reused without reflection and become...read more