Restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy
Our restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy lawyers advise lenders and other creditors, borrowers, corporate management, boards of directors and owners in situations where businesses are experiencing financial pressure. We assist in negotiations on the restructuring of businesses, in debt negotiations/debt restructuring in connection with bankruptcy and/or investigations. We also assist in matters relating to the liability of directors, the CEO and the auditor. Our lawyers are regularly appointed by Norwegian courts as administrators in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assisting Norwegian and foreign creditors and banks in assessing and proposing solutions when the financial situation is strained for their customers
- Assisting creditors in enforcing claims against unwilling debtors
- Assisting creditors in debt negotiations
- Assisting in assessing whether a creditor can take legal action against the directors, CEO or auditor.
- We assist in identifying the extent of the problems and finding solutions that provide the foundation for further operations.
- We assist in negotiations with banks, other creditors, contract counterparties and public authorities.
- We aim to have an active and constructive dialogue with creditors in order to achieve a debt solution without the involvement of the court.
Debt negotiations under the provisions of the Bankruptcy Act
- Assisting companies undergoing debt negotiations, in collaboration with the court-appointed chair of the debt committee, to continue operations during the proceedings.
- Assisting companies in drafting proposals for debt arrangements and in negotiating with creditors to achieve the necessary support for such proposals.
- Assisting owners or directors when a company is undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
- Drafting bankruptcy petitions
- Assisting employees in situations where it is necessary to initiate bankruptcy proceedings in order to secure wage entitlements
Debt restructuring committees
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair debt restructuring committees.
- Our lawyers are regularly appointed as administrators by Norwegian courts and have extensive experience with bankruptcy proceedings.
- Our lawyers are also appointed administrators in the judicial administration of decedents’ estates.
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair enquiry commissions.
Mobile: 0047 419 16 583
Thomas Berg Nordahl
Mobile: 0047 472 89 363
Mobile: +47 924 82 260
The EU Commission will be postponing the implementation of new regulations regarding medical devices for one year. The rules will become effective as Norwegian law without revisions, and the planned implementation was in May of this year. It now looks like it will be...read more
Chambers Europe has published its ratings for 2020, and we are particularly pleased that the TMT team moves up from Band 4 to Band 3. In addition, we are pleased that Kristian Foss is joined by Stian Sørensen Schilvold in Band 4 on the individual ratings. Jan Morten...read more
Norwegian authorities have proposed various measures to deal with the corona virus situation. Several of them became effective on 20 March 2020. For example, the employer's duty to pay employees during lay-offs has been reduced from 15 to 2 days. At the same time...read more
Businesses in Norway and all around the world are now put under severe pressure du to the crisis caused among others by the Corona virus, and for Norway, the severe fall in the oil price. Below we will focus on a few of the issues that needs to be considered as an...read more
We congratulate Randi Birgitte Bull with the Chambers Europe rating in Band 3 in the category Private Wealth Law, with the following justification: Randi Bull of Bull & Co is known for her extensive experience handling family and inheritance law matters for high net...read more
We appreciate that our clients once again have stressed our expertise and service-mindedness when giving their feedback to the rating agency Chambers & Partners. Its global edition rewards firms that have a significant international practice. Bente Holmvang, who is a...read more