Restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy
Our restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy lawyers advise lenders and other creditors, borrowers, corporate management, boards of directors and owners in situations where businesses are experiencing financial pressure. We assist in negotiations on the restructuring of businesses, in debt negotiations/debt restructuring in connection with bankruptcy and/or investigations. We also assist in matters relating to the liability of directors, the CEO and the auditor. Our lawyers are regularly appointed by Norwegian courts as administrators in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assisting Norwegian and foreign creditors and banks in assessing and proposing solutions when the financial situation is strained for their customers
- Assisting creditors in enforcing claims against unwilling debtors
- Assisting creditors in debt negotiations
- Assisting in assessing whether a creditor can take legal action against the directors, CEO or auditor.
- We assist in identifying the extent of the problems and finding solutions that provide the foundation for further operations.
- We assist in negotiations with banks, other creditors, contract counterparties and public authorities.
- We aim to have an active and constructive dialogue with creditors in order to achieve a debt solution without the involvement of the court.
Debt negotiations under the provisions of the Bankruptcy Act
- Assisting companies undergoing debt negotiations, in collaboration with the court-appointed chair of the debt committee, to continue operations during the proceedings.
- Assisting companies in drafting proposals for debt arrangements and in negotiating with creditors to achieve the necessary support for such proposals.
- Assisting owners or directors when a company is undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
- Drafting bankruptcy petitions
- Assisting employees in situations where it is necessary to initiate bankruptcy proceedings in order to secure wage entitlements
Debt restructuring committees
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair debt restructuring committees.
- Our lawyers are regularly appointed as administrators by Norwegian courts and have extensive experience with bankruptcy proceedings.
- Our lawyers are also appointed administrators in the judicial administration of decedents’ estates.
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair enquiry commissions.
Mobile: +47 924 82 260
1242 Apps AS (Shortcut AS’ parent) has acquired 65 percent of Greener Pastures A/S in Denmark The following is cited from Finansavisen’s article on 26 October: – With this transaction, Shortcut steps up to become the Nordic region's largest pure app...
Bull & Co advised BMO Entreprenør AS owners with their sale to fast-growing Norwegian industrial group Bull & Co has assisted the owners of BMO Entreprenør AS in selling 100% of the company’s shares to Endúr ASA. Total transaction value was...
Cloud solutions float across borders in the high-tech entertainment business. Bull & Co has assisted Sixty AS in selling its Ease Live business to Evertz Microsystems Ltd., which is listed on the Canadian stock exchange. Evertz is a leading global cloud media and...
Bull & Co's Company law and transactions team was very busy in the summer, leading to five transactions being completed during autumn so far. Here is the first one of the ones being disclosed In a transaction that was completed at the end of September,...
The insurance team make its first appearance in the rankings with a blast at Tier 2, the Technology, Media and Telecom team climbs from Tier 3 to Tier 2, and Public Procurement enters with a solid Tier 3 ranking. Bull & Co is gaining recognition with its two new...
The EU Commission will be postponing the implementation of new regulations regarding medical devices for one year. The rules will become effective as Norwegian law without revisions, and the planned implementation was in May of this year. It now looks like it will be...