Restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy
Our restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy lawyers advise lenders and other creditors, borrowers, corporate management, boards of directors and owners in situations where businesses are experiencing financial pressure. We assist in negotiations on the restructuring of businesses, in debt negotiations/debt restructuring in connection with bankruptcy and/or investigations. We also assist in matters relating to the liability of directors, the CEO and the auditor. Our lawyers are regularly appointed by Norwegian courts as administrators in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assisting Norwegian and foreign creditors and banks in assessing and proposing solutions when the financial situation is strained for their customers
- Assisting creditors in enforcing claims against unwilling debtors
- Assisting creditors in debt negotiations
- Assisting in assessing whether a creditor can take legal action against the directors, CEO or auditor.
- We assist in identifying the extent of the problems and finding solutions that provide the foundation for further operations.
- We assist in negotiations with banks, other creditors, contract counterparties and public authorities.
- We aim to have an active and constructive dialogue with creditors in order to achieve a debt solution without the involvement of the court.
Debt negotiations under the provisions of the Bankruptcy Act
- Assisting companies undergoing debt negotiations, in collaboration with the court-appointed chair of the debt committee, to continue operations during the proceedings.
- Assisting companies in drafting proposals for debt arrangements and in negotiating with creditors to achieve the necessary support for such proposals.
- Assisting owners or directors when a company is undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
- Drafting bankruptcy petitions
- Assisting employees in situations where it is necessary to initiate bankruptcy proceedings in order to secure wage entitlements
Debt restructuring committees
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair debt restructuring committees.
- Our lawyers are regularly appointed as administrators by Norwegian courts and have extensive experience with bankruptcy proceedings.
- Our lawyers are also appointed administrators in the judicial administration of decedents’ estates.
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair enquiry commissions.
Mobile: 0047 419 16 583
Thomas Berg Nordahl
Mobile: 0047 472 89 363
Mobile: +47 924 82 260
Bull & Co has recruited expertise within Media and Entertainment – and Real estate – and strengthens the partnership by adding Lisa Digernes (45), Jan Morten Evertsen (61) and Anders Evjenth (56). Competence and company culture are Bull & Co’s main assets. Therefore,...read more
Cyberattacks happen more frequently, are increasingly sly and cause more harm than before. To help companies that have been subjected to such attacks by quickly limiting the scope of the damage, Bull & Co has established a multidisciplinary response team....read more
We congratulate Bjarte Bogstad with the rating “highly regarded” within Corporate and M&A (Company Law and Transactions) from International Financial Law Review (IFLR1000), for the fourth time in a row. IFLR1000 is a guide to the world’s leading financial and...read more
Our lawyers Klemet Gaski and Runar Hansen have handled a lawsuit against Bertel O. Steen, and our clients have been found not to be liable for a claim of almost NOK 16 million. The Supreme Court recently denied Bertel O. Steen the opportunity to appeal to the...read more
Anne Helsingeng joined Bull & Co’s Restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy team as partner on 1 May 2019. As one of Norway's leading lawyers within restructuring, insolvency, investigations and corporate compliance, she is a key hire for the continued...read more
Bull & Co’s progress continues, and we are ranked in five categories in this year's edition of The Legal 500, which was published on 10 April. The following areas are ranked in this year's edition: Commercial, Corporate and M&A: Tier 4 EU and Competition:...read more