Restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy
Our restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy lawyers advise lenders and other creditors, borrowers, corporate management, boards of directors and owners in situations where businesses are experiencing financial pressure. We assist in negotiations on the restructuring of businesses, in debt negotiations/debt restructuring in connection with bankruptcy and/or investigations. We also assist in matters relating to the liability of directors, the CEO and the auditor. Our lawyers are regularly appointed by Norwegian courts as administrators in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assisting Norwegian and foreign creditors and banks in assessing and proposing solutions when the financial situation is strained for their customers
- Assisting creditors in enforcing claims against unwilling debtors
- Assisting creditors in debt negotiations
- Assisting in assessing whether a creditor can take legal action against the directors, CEO or auditor.
- We assist in identifying the extent of the problems and finding solutions that provide the foundation for further operations.
- We assist in negotiations with banks, other creditors, contract counterparties and public authorities.
- We aim to have an active and constructive dialogue with creditors in order to achieve a debt solution without the involvement of the court.
Debt negotiations under the provisions of the Bankruptcy Act
- Assisting companies undergoing debt negotiations, in collaboration with the court-appointed chair of the debt committee, to continue operations during the proceedings.
- Assisting companies in drafting proposals for debt arrangements and in negotiating with creditors to achieve the necessary support for such proposals.
- Assisting owners or directors when a company is undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
- Drafting bankruptcy petitions
- Assisting employees in situations where it is necessary to initiate bankruptcy proceedings in order to secure wage entitlements
Debt restructuring committees
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair debt restructuring committees.
- Our lawyers are regularly appointed as administrators by Norwegian courts and have extensive experience with bankruptcy proceedings.
- Our lawyers are also appointed administrators in the judicial administration of decedents’ estates.
- Our lawyers are regularly engaged to chair enquiry commissions.
Bull & Co’s progress continues, and we are ranked in five categories in this year's edition of The Legal 500, which was published on 10 April. The following areas are ranked in this year's edition: Commercial, Corporate and M&A: Tier 4 EU and Competition:...read more
Chambers Europe has published its 2019 ratings, and we are very satisfied with the positive comments we are receiving. We wish to take this opportunity to thank our customers for good cooperation, exciting assignments, and particularly for the feedback that makes...read more
"BLaaS" is a new way to offer legal services, where the scope of the agreement and the company's costs are agreed upon between Bull and the customer in advance. The service is comparable to a subscription, where the customer pays a predetermined monthly amount and...read more
Bente Holmvang, who is a specialist in intellectual property law and advises large, international customers within key industries such as social media and streaming and financial services, has once again been ranked by Chambers and Partners in their global...read more
With the fierce debate on Huawei’s effect on security of the planned 5G networks, it’s time to take a look at what liability the Internet of Things may inflict on the producers of the things. Read more about the risk associated with product liability for...read more
On 5 December 2018, the owners of Euro Heis AS closed the sale of the company to Schindler AS. Erlend Balsvik, partner in Bull's Corporate team, has been the sellers' adviser throughout the entire process. We congratulate the sellers with the successful transaction...read more