Probate and estate planning
At Bull, we offer expertise in estate planning and probate. Our lawyers are also experienced in international probate settlements. We cooperate with foreign law firms that are members of our international network.
We also help with succession matters. These differ from inheritance matters, since a succession is planned and executed while the person(s) planning for the succession is/are still alive. This way, it can be tailored to a greater extent than in the case of an inheritance settlement. We can also assist with tax and company law, if necessary.
Bull's lawyers regularly gives lectures for the Norwegian Bar Association, universities, various organisations and other associations. In 2021, two of our lawyers were named the best lawyers in Norway in inheritance and probate law by the financial magazine Kapital.
An inheritance settlement can either be carried out as private or public probate. Our lawyers often assist heirs in connection with private probate. Randi Birgitte Bull, partner and lawyer at Bull, is assigned as permanent trustee by the Oslo District Court and handles several public probate cases each year.
We can assist with:
- gifts and the advancements in inheritance from parents to children
- wills and lasting powers of attorney
- private and public probate of the estates of deceased persons
- international settlements (upon divorce or death)
- management of minors' funds
- court cases and probate disputes
- marriage and civil partnership agreements
- financial settlement following the breakup of marriage or civil partnership