Randi Birgitte Bull works mainly with probate, estate planning and family law. This includes cases concerning estate distribution between spouses and inheritance settlements between heirs, management of funds for minors/incapacitated individuals, drafting of marriage and cohabitation agreements, last will and testaments, inheritance agreements etc. In recent years, many of the assignments have related to assistance during succession processes (pre-arranged generational transfers of property and businesses). Succession processes often include questions related to tax and VAT matters as well as company law matters.
Randi is the trustee of Oslo District Court for public estate administration. She handles numerous such assignments as a trustee at any given time. In addition, Randi works with real estate law, some employment law, and regularly litigates cases before the courts. She became a certified mediator for out-of-court mediations through the Mediation Academy. Randi is also a member of the Norwegian Bar Association's mediation committee and is concerned with mediation as an alternative dispute resolution process. She is known as a very effective and fair negotiator in dispute situations.
Randi regularly gives lectures and presentations at seminars and conferences for lawyers, the courts, the business community and private individuals. She has also written numerous articles in nationwide newspapers and various journals.
Awards and rankings
- 2017Certified mediator - Completed the Mediator academy through The Norwegian Bar Association
- 1985Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Oslo
- 2008–Partner, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2001–2008Partner, Frick Langseth Advokatfirma DA
- 1997–2001Attorney, Advokatfirmaet Selmer DA
- 1994–1997Attorney, Advokatfirmaet Ness & Co
- 1990–1993Senior consultant/manager, Justisdepartementets sivilavdeling
- 1988–1990Prosecutor, Oslo politidistrikt og Kriminalpolitisentralen
- 1986–1987Consultant, Justisdepartementets sivilavdeling