Kristian Foss assists with technology agreements and privacy issues. This includes agreements for international sales, procurement of IT systems, and the definition of new business models. Kristian is one of the few Norwegian IT lawyers with litigation experience and in-depth knowledge of free software (open source). He also focuses on finding solutions to privacy challenges. Kristian achieves results through a negotiation style that preserves relationships and is interest-based.
Kristian’s long career as a lawyer and entrepreneur has given him a unique commercial, technical, and strategic understanding that is reflected in the legal solutions he proposes. His extensive experience from international and domestic negotiations on technology deliveries creates results that create value over time. Kristian can also quickly resolve issues outside of Norway through his large network of international lawyers.
Kristian has a strong professional commitment. He is a member of the Expert committee for ICT law in the Norwegian Centre for Continued Legal Education, former president of IT IP Law Group Europe, and he regularly attends international conferences on IT law and data protection. Kristian also gives lectures on privacy, contract law, data security, intellectual property law, and professional liability. He is considered an inspiring and knowledgeable communicator who focuses on simplifying complicated messages and agreements.
Kristian is part of Bull's crisis management team for Cyber Incidents and Emergency Preparedness.
Awards and rankings
- 2003Subjects in history, University of Oslo
- 1997Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Oslo
- 1988-1989Sergeant course (USK), The Norwegian Army
- 2015–Partner, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2007–2015Managing partner, Gille advokater DA
- 2001–2007Attorney/Associate, responsible for technology, IT and telecom., Advokatfirmaet Haavind Vislie AS
- 1999–2001Associate/Attorney, Legal department, EVRY
- 1999Co-founder, Idium AS
- 1997–1999Project manager, attorney and business developer, Grape Interactive AS (Internet consulting firm)
Articles by Kristian
- No articles available for the selected language