André M. Carlsen assists clients in the field of financial family inheritance law. He has 15 years of experience advising in these fields, and he assists in connection with succession and securing family wealth by preparing marriage agreements, wills, cohabitation agreements, and springing powers of attorney.
André has extensive experience with financial settlements in the event of separation and divorce (division of community property, separate property issues, unequal division of the marital estate, and settlement between cohabitants). He has particular expertise in cases where significant values (family and business fortunes) are at stake.
André has considerable experience with inheritance law disputes (reversal of values to estates due to invalid testamentary dispositions, invalid wills, will interpretation, invalid dispositions during undivided possession of an estate, etc.). He has previously worked as a generalist, giving him a unique overview of family and inheritance law issues that require interdisciplinary expertise in contract law, real estate law, administrative law, corporate law, international law, etc.
André has extensive experience from the courts, both as a lawyer, deputy judge, and as investigator in the Supreme Court’s legal research unit. He regularly litigates cases before the courts.
- 2008Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Oslo
- 2020–2022Senior Attorney, Advokatfirmaet Hjort DA
- 2018–2019Attorney, Advokatfirmaet Hjort DA
- 2016–2018Researcher, Supreme Court of Norway
- 2015–2016Deputy judge, Kongsberg District Court
- 2010–2015Attorney, Advokatfirmaet Høie
- 2008–2010Associate, Advokatfirmaet Høie
Articles by André
- No articles available for the selected language