Eirik Sandal works with technology agreements, privacy, marketing, and TV / media. He specializes in new technology and the use of data in new business models, including data classification, risk assessments, the basis for data processing, as well as documentation and processes to ensure privacy law compliance.
Eirik has experience from Norway's largest media house and this has given him unique expertise in using data (first-party and third-party data) for advertising, marketing, personalized consumer services, and product development. He is also a long-term advisor to one of the world's largest car manufacturers and has solid industry knowledge within e-commerce and e-distribution. A significant part of his work is to advise regarding clients’ privacy strategy.
Eirik also works as a Data processing officer for clients and gives regular lectures.
- 2013Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Bergen
- 2012LL.M., Bond University, Gold Coast, Australia
- 2022–Attorney, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2020–2022Privacy counsel, Schibsted Products and Technology AS
- 2019–2020Senior associate, Advokatfirmaet Selmer AS
- 2016–2019Associate and attorney, Kvale Advokatfirma DA
- 2015–2016Higher executive officer, Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development
- 2013–2015Legal adviser, Norwegian Digitalisation Agency
- 2012–2016Legal researcher, Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports
Publications and talks
- 2018–2019Chambers Global Practice Guide – Copyright
- 2016–2018Chambers Global Practice Guide – TMT