Kristin Haram Førde provides legal advice within technology and privacy. Throughout her career, she has drafted and negotiated a variety of commercial technology agreements, tailored for use in Norway and abroad. She also assists with all kinds of privacy issues and helps companies in facilitating the processing of personal data in a lawful and secure manner. In addition, Kristin renders advice on questions related to ownership of business-critical data and how companies may secure the value of such data.
She also has extensive expertise with cyber security and assists companies that have been exposed to cyber attacks with risk-reducing measures.
Kristin’s long career as both an in-house lawyer and outside counsel for technology companies has provided her with a unique understanding of the IT industry's "tribal language", the game-changing technological development that has formed the industry, and contracts for technology deliveries and digitization. This allows Kristin to draft and negotiate technology contracts for customers and suppliers alike, based on her insight into the parties' needs. Kristin has also assisted in several major national and international IT dispute negotiations.
Kristin is the co-founder of the Privacy Factory (Personvernfabrikken), which is Bull's website for privacy matters and together with Kristian Foss, she is the leader of Bull’s Privacy Network.
Kristin is a member the professional committee for Data Privacy in the Norwegian Bar Association. She is a member of the IT IP Law Group Europe, as well as the International Technology Law Association (ITech Law). She regularly gives lectures on privacy and technology matters, and she is considered an inspiring and knowledgeable lecturer. She is a mentor for students and an external examiner for the Masters’ theses in Technology and Data Privacy law at the Faculty of Law, University of Oslo.
Kristin is part of Bull's crisis management team for Cyber Incidents and Emergency Preparedness.
Awards and rankings
- 1998Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Oslo
- 1998IT-Contracts, Norwegian Research Center for Computers and Law (NRCCL)
- 1996Intellectual property law
- 2016–Partner, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2014–2016Director, Legal Nordics CSC
- 2014Principal Lawyer, Legal Nordics CSC
- 2010–2014Senior attorney, Advokatfirmaet Simonsen Vogt Wiig AS
- 2009–2010Attorney, Simonsen Advokatfirma DA
- 2006–2009Associate, Simonsen Advokatfirma DA
- 2004–2006Senior Legal Manager, Oracle Norge AS
- 2002–2004Legal Manager EMEA, Advent Software
- 1998–2002Legal Counsel, Oracle Norge AS
Articles by Kristin
- No articles available for the selected language