For more than 150 years, Bull & Co has been dedicated to facilitating business development and commercial success for technology-driven companies.
For many years this has included offering expert advice on legal issues of key importance to the life sciences/health industry, including IPR, data protection, public procurement in the health care sector and regulatory law as regards among others things pharmaceuticals, medical devices, pharmacies and health care personnel.
We are currently accelerating our work for the life sciences/health industry, and this is how we typically assist our clients:
- We ensure effective patent protection and enforcement, for example in pharmaceutical patent litigation;
- We ensure that eHealth solutions are designed to comply with both general data protection regulation and special data protection requirements pursuant to health regulatory law;
- We provide operational and strategic advice related to all aspects of health care regulatory law, for example in relation to obtaining or maintaining public approvals, price and reimbursement issues, legal marketing and industry-interaction with health care personnel;
- We draft and negotiate contracts to ensure effective distribution and market access both nationally and internationally;
- We increase the chances of winning public procurement procedures in the Norwegian health care sector.
In addition, we have extensive experience from assisting life sciences start-up companies and investors in everything from incorporation, ownership issues, legal and strategic issues relating to raising capital, investment agreements, M&A activity, preparation for exit, and eventually a sale of the company.
Our expertise is acknowledged internationally and at Bull & Co, we believe in sharing knowledge. This is why we recently have taken several initiatives to share our life sciences expertise with those who can benefit from it:
- Bull & Co has written the Norwegian chapter of the 5th edition of The Life Sciences Law Review published by The Law Reviews
- Bull & Co has joined Norway Health Tech (former Oslo Medtech) – the key Norwegian health technology cluster, dedicated to accelerate and support the development of new medtech and eHealth products, services and innovative solutions for the Norwegian and global health care market. We will be working particularly closely with Norway Health Tech to shed light on procurement challenges in the health care sector and to raise member awareness of public procurement rules.