The Music Industry
We assist many different Norwegian and international operators and segments in the music industry, including producers, intermediaries, labels, music publishers, agents/managers, and musicians/bands. We also assist concert and festival organisers.
We assist among other things with:
- The preparation of management agreements
- Musician contracts, music licences and distribution agreements ( “record contracts”)
- Agreements with music publishers
- Booking appointments
- Festival contracts
- Organiser agreements
- The organisation of music groups, band agreements, company agreements, tax planning etc..
- Merchandise, the protection and management of band names, licensing etc.
- Agreements with music organisations, management contracts etc., media reviews etc.
- Agreements with TV and film companies, and with advertising producers for the use of music
- Ongoing advice on rights issues etc.
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Bull & Co has signed a framework agreement with Artist Organisation GramArt, to provide assistance to their members. Contact: Lawyer/partner Harald Bjelke.
Cyberattacks happen more frequently, are increasingly sly and cause more harm than before. To help companies that have been subjected to such attacks by quickly limiting the scope of the damage, Bull & Co has established a multidisciplinary response team....read more
We congratulate Bjarte Bogstad with the rating “highly regarded” within Corporate and M&A (Company Law and Transactions) from International Financial Law Review (IFLR1000), for the fourth time in a row. IFLR1000 is a guide to the world’s leading financial and...read more
Our lawyers Klemet Gaski and Runar Hansen have handled a lawsuit against Bertel O. Steen, and our clients have been found not to be liable for a claim of almost NOK 16 million. The Supreme Court recently denied Bertel O. Steen the opportunity to appeal to the...read more
Anne Helsingeng joined Bull & Co’s Restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy team as partner on 1 May 2019. As one of Norway's leading lawyers within restructuring, insolvency, investigations and corporate compliance, she is a key hire for the continued...read more
Bull & Co’s progress continues, and we are ranked in five categories in this year's edition of The Legal 500, which was published on 10 April. The following areas are ranked in this year's edition: Commercial, Corporate and M&A: Tier 4 EU and Competition:...read more
Chambers Europe has published its 2019 ratings, and we are very satisfied with the positive comments we are receiving. We wish to take this opportunity to thank our customers for good cooperation, exciting assignments, and particularly for the feedback that makes...read more