The Music Industry
We assist many different Norwegian and international operators and segments in the music industry, including producers, intermediaries, labels, music publishers, agents/managers, and musicians/bands. We also assist concert and festival organisers.
We assist among other things with:
- The preparation of management agreements
- Musician contracts, music licences and distribution agreements ( “record contracts”)
- Agreements with music publishers
- Booking appointments
- Festival contracts
- Organiser agreements
- The organisation of music groups, band agreements, company agreements, tax planning etc..
- Merchandise, the protection and management of band names, licensing etc.
- Agreements with music organisations, management contracts etc., media reviews etc.
- Agreements with TV and film companies, and with advertising producers for the use of music
- Ongoing advice on rights issues etc.
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Bull & Co has signed a framework agreement with Artist Organisation GramArt, to provide assistance to their members. Contact: Lawyer/partner Harald Bjelke.
The insurance team make its first appearance in the rankings with a blast at Tier 2, the Technology, Media and Telecom team climbs from Tier 3 to Tier 2, and Public Procurement enters with a solid Tier 3 ranking. Bull & Co is gaining recognition with its two new team...read more
The EU Commission will be postponing the implementation of new regulations regarding medical devices for one year. The rules will become effective as Norwegian law without revisions, and the planned implementation was in May of this year. It now looks like it will be...read more
Chambers Europe has published its ratings for 2020, and we are particularly pleased that the TMT team moves up from Band 4 to Band 3. In addition, we are pleased that Kristian Foss is joined by Stian Sørensen Schilvold in Band 4 on the individual ratings. Jan Morten...read more
Norwegian authorities have proposed various measures to deal with the corona virus situation. Several of them became effective on 20 March 2020. For example, the employer's duty to pay employees during lay-offs has been reduced from 15 to 2 days. At the same time...read more
Businesses in Norway and all around the world are now put under severe pressure du to the crisis caused among others by the Corona virus, and for Norway, the severe fall in the oil price. Below we will focus on a few of the issues that needs to be considered as an...read more
We congratulate Randi Birgitte Bull with the Chambers Europe rating in Band 3 in the category Private Wealth Law, with the following justification: Randi Bull of Bull & Co is known for her extensive experience handling family and inheritance law matters for high net...read more