Thale C. G. Gjerdsbakk assists with questions regarding IT law. She focuses on privacy law and artificial intelligence, which was the subject of her master's thesis. Thales' experience as legal counsel for a start-up company has given her practical experience regarding what kind of assistance a company needs, and how it can implement privacy protection.
She can assist with risk and privacy assessments, for example risk assessment in connection with the use of artificial intelligence, workshops on the protection of employee privacy, drafting of privacy documents, such as logs for processing activities and privacy declarations, acting as a data protection officer, and more. She also has experience with employment law, viewed from both the employee and employer side.
Thale has a strong professional commitment and has contributed as author and co-author for several articles on privacy and artificial intelligence, etc.
Thale is part of Bull's crisis management team for Cyber Incidents and Emergency Preparedness.
- 2021Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Bergen
- 2021One-year programme in International studies, University of Oslo
- 2022–Associate, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2021Privacy and Legal Counsel, Lifeplanner AS
- 2021Trainee, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2020Trainee, Advokatfirmaet Føyen AS
- 2019Trainee, Hill & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2019Trainee, Deloitte Advokatfirma AS
- 2018–2019Case handler, Jussformidlingen
- 2018Clerk, Brønnøysund Register Centre
- 2016–2018Court witness, Bergen City Court
Publications and talks
- 2021Masteroppgave: «Åpenhet og rettferdighet i algoritmens tidsalder – hvordan forstå åpenhets- og rettferdighetsprinsippet i personvernforordningen art. 5 nr. 1 bokstav a ved bruk av kunstig intelligens som beslutningsstøtte?»
- 2021Ærede Robot!,
Articles by Thale
- No articles available for the selected language