Erlend Balsvik has extensive experience in transactions and corporate restructuring, especially within industries such as information and communication technology, construction, renewable energy, and real estate.
He has assisted with the completion of several mergers and acquisitions of small and medium sized companies. In Mergermarket.com’s statistics he is credited as leading legal counsel in more than 20 transactions in recent years. He has also assisted a wide range of companies with preparation for sale and/or capital injections.
Erlend has experience from litigation and has argued several company law cases before the courts in the last few years. Specifically, he has worked on cases relating to board liabilities and rights.
Erlend regularly gives talks and seminars on different topics, such as the seminar M&A – acquisition and sale of companies. He has also published several articles on company law, board liability, technology, and intellectual property law. Recently he also published a series of articles in the Norwegian certified auditors’ magazine “Revisjon og Regnskap” about co-ownership and incentive schemes.
He also has experience as board chairman and leads several committees, such as the control committee for Kredinor Finans AS. Erlend also assists banks and financial technology companies in questions relating to regulatory framework conditions.
Awards and rankings
- 1992Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Oslo
- 2018–Partner, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2005–2018Partner, Advokatfirmaet Føyen Torkildsen AS
- 2003–2004Attorney, Simonsen Føyen Advokatfirma DA
- 1999–2003Attorney, Advokatfirmaet PricewaterhouseCoopers DA
- 1997–1999Attorney, Advokatfirmaet Stray Vyrje & Co
- 1995–1997Deputy judge/acting district court judge, Skien og Porsgrunn district court
- 1993–1995Associate, Wiersholm, Mellbye & Bech Advokatfirma
Articles by Erlend
- No articles available for the selected language