Bjarte Bogstad primarily works with transactions (M&A), company law, and contracts. He has significant expertise within incorporation of companies, shareholders’ and investment agreements, cross-border transactions, due diligence, mergers and demergers, joint venture and co-operation agreements, and other related corporate matters. He advises Norwegian and international companies throughout the entire transaction process.
In addition to the above, Bjarte has extensive sector experience especially within technology/IP and within industry, commerce and service, finance and insurance, where he assists Norwegian and international clients with their legal matters, including regulatory matters and dispute resolution.
Recent seminars held for clients include company law and contract issues such as: Liability of the Board of Directors, shareholder conflicts, investment and shareholders’ agreements, incentive schemes (including earn-out), and exit planning. Bjarte is also an active member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
Awards and rankings
- 2019Seminar: Harvard Negotiation MasterClass, Harvard Law School
- 2017Course: Sector Leadership MasterClass, Harvard Law School
- 2017Course: Sale and Purchase Agreements, SPA (Redcliffe)
- 2014Course: Private Equity & Management Buyouts (Redcliffe)
- 2014Course: Selling a Company (Redcliffe)
- 2012Chairman of the Board Program
- 1996Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Bergen
- 2012–Partner, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 2009–2012Partner, Vogt&Wiig
- 2008–2009Partner, Advokatfirmaet Bjarte Bogstad
- 2002–2008Partner, Advokatene Geirr Jakobsen & Bjarte Bogstad
- 2000–2002Associate Consultant, Bain & Company Inc.
- 1997–2000Associate, BA-HR