Bente Holmvang focuses on commercial law, with a particular emphasis on intellectual property law (trademark and domain names, design, copyright law) and marketing law. Bente advises many companies, particularly within trade and industry, on issues related to this specialty area. She has extensive litigation experience and has pleaded cases on behalf of several major international brands, including in anti-piracy actions. Bente is the Vice President of The Norwegian Board of Fair Competition Practices.
In addition, Bente has extensive experience within estate planning and probate law, and she acts for several charitable organizations in an advisory capacity and as a litigator. She also has experience with inheritance and inheritance tax issues relating to the transfer of copyrights.
Bente is the business manager and director of foundations focusing on arts and culture.
She is Norway’s representative in the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA).
Awards and rankings
- 1982Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Oslo
- 1995–Partner, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 1990–1995Senior Associate, Bull & Co Advokatfirma AS
- 1987–1990Head of Division, Ministry of Justice
- 1985–1987Deputy Judge, the Office of the District Judge in Larvik
- 1983–1985Executive Officer, Ministry of Justice, Police Department